Rob Lentini Memories

Presidents,

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 19:54:43 -0500 "Marilyn Roberts"
<mrob46@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
<<<  Rob Lentini died of cancer this morning, September 11, 2004,
approximately 6 months after his diagnosis.  >>>

So it goes.

In the early days of my Presidency, I heard a story about this Rob
Lentini fellow.  At the Fredricksburg, Texas MOA national rally, Rob was
having a new name tag made by the Sign Man III name tag folks.  Some
prankster spotted the fresh name tag and ordered several more.  This
fellow passed the tags out to several of his buddies just as they were
assembling for a Rob Lentini session... making sure they sat in the front
row.  When Rob arrived to lead the session, the front row was full of Rob
Lentinis.  It took Rob a few moments to notice, but he did see his cloned
name tags staring back at him.  I was so impressed by this story that in
preparation for attendance at my first Blitz To Branson in April 1998, I
printed enough large stick-on labels with the name "Rob Lentini" in large
letters to be passed out to all the Blitz attendees.  Before we left the
Saturday night banquet to go outdoors for our group photo, I distributed
the name labels so that everyone in the photo could be Rob Lentini.  Rob
was not there that year, but I did get to meet him in Branson the next
year.  He was quite impressed with my little tribute to him at the
previous Blitz.

Rob was a guest at my house in Montgomery a few years ago.  He was
visiting Maxwell Air Force Base on military business and arranged to
spend a Saturday with us.  We spent the afternoon wiring up lights and
switches on my newly-acquired police BMW and I listened as Rob dispensed
valuable maintenance advice.  I also got to see Rob at a BMWMOA Board Of
Directors meeting in January 2001 in St. Louis as I was preparing to run
for a seat on the Board.  We also crossed paths at other rallies along
the way and I sent Bunny pins for one or two of the Blitzes To Branson
that he missed.

I was honored to have known him.

Robert Munday...   Montgomery, AL    `98 R11CHP    `95 R1100RSL
ABC #3783    Village Idiot    Rolling Broccoli Rider    BOOF #131
Oilhead #1561    Nebraska Nightrider    Big Sioux Rider
Trustee, BMWMOA Foundation    Keeper Of The List    *Iron Bunny*

Get your name as your email address.