From: Dean Chowenhill <dchowenhill@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 11:04 PM
Subject: Foamy oil

> Hi,
> I am an newby to the Oilhead digest.  After many years of Airheads and
active in the Airheads organization and digest, I sold my last airhead (what
was I thinking?) and bought a 1995 1100GS - Oilhead.  I ride a lot - 50
miles daily to work and have done n Iron Butt on the 1100.
> I have many questions including about relocating the fuel filter, but
right now I have a particular problem:
> Today, I decided to change the oil.  Routinely, I drained it and put in
fresh oil - GTX 20-50.  After filling it to the dot in the middle of the
site gage, I started the bike (still on center stand) and ran it for one
minute.  Re checking the site gage I was surprised to see it filling up (all
the way to the top) with foamy oil.  Puzzled, I drained about two quarts to
look at the oil - light brown and foamy.