RE: Kenneth Ahrweiler

Indeed, it's another sad day for the oilhead community.  First Lentini and now Ken.  Two great guys, both of whom I enjoyed greatly on the lists.  I'll miss them both.

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Robert Silas
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 3:05 PM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Kenneth Ahrweiler

I received this announcement this morning and thought that others on the list should see it too.  I was personally in contact with Ken for a few years and had a mutual project of writing up an article about the rebuilding of a MEGOLA motor bike which Ken did in the sixties.  Two years ago a few of us took part in the Ramapo Club's riding where we met Ken.
Ken was an active corresponding on this list, so may some of you had been in closer contact with him.
Bob Silas
Montreal
  Dear Friends of Ken Ahrweiler,
  It is our regret to inform you of the passing of Ken Ahrweiler on
  Monday, October 4, 2004.

  As many of you know, Ken was struggling with emphysema and a heart
  condition for the last several years. We are grateful that Ken was able
  to remain active and was able to continue communications with his
  friends until his struggle ended, and he passed away at his home in New
  Hyde Park last Monday.

  The following text was printed in Long Island Newsday Obituaries on
  Wednesday, October 6, 2004:

  AHRWEILER-Kenneth W. Sr.,  on October 4, 2004 of New Hyde Park, NY.
  Beloved husband of Katherine.  Loving father of Kenneth Jr. and Robert.
  Loving grandfather of Maxwell, Kevin, Kaitlyn and Braeden...

  Please do not reply to this message as Ken's account
  <Ken_Ahrweiler@xxxxxxxxx> will no longer be monitored. If you wish to
  contact Katherine (wife), Kenneth Jr. (son), or Robert (son) see the
  contact information below.

  Thank you all for corresponding with Ken and sending him jokes and
  humerous messages that kept him laughing. We're sure you all will miss
  him.

   Katherine Ahrweiler
   516-354-4570

   Kenneth Ahrweiler Jr. <krissnken@xxxxxxxxxxxx>