Re: Relays

At 11:10 PM -0400 10/4/04, rennsport@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Well a diesel does not need an alternator to run the ENGINE. The
>compression stroke cause the diesel fuel to ignite. I was left
>standing on the side of the road while riding my R80 when the
>battery died and so did the R80. It took two jumpstarts to get home.

My R80 went three miles before the half-tank of Diesel I had added
caused me to stop and investigate the source of power lag and
excessive smoke.

Took dumping the tank and both carb bowels, plus a borrow of gas to
return to Ridgecrest for proper fuel.

- --
- - andrew, Berkeley, '00 GS
- - "Moto per Mangiare"