Re: Roadside Assistance

Yes, I couldn't agree more.  Cross Country is crap.  I have never had to
actually use the service, thank God, but here is my experience.  When my
warranty ran out last year (03)  I was contacted to renew for $35.  I
decided that $35 was cheap insurance, so sent in my check.  My check was
cashed, and then I waited, and waited, and...   Finally I called and was
told they had no record of my payment.  So of course I informed them that
they had cashed my check and was brazenly told no they hadn't.  After
several phone calls, and hold times approaching 10 minutes, I finally
reached someone named Kim who gave me a FAX # to send the check copy.  Which
of course I had to go to my bank to get, as it was just outside the time
frame to get it off the internet.  Keep in mind that I sent a check in Jan.,
and it is now April.  During this time my insurance agent had called me and
told me I could get a much better deal on my bikes from Formost, a company
he was now representing.  I had signed up, and to my delight found they
provide a free roadside assistance that looked much better than Cross
Country.  SO when I spoke to "Kim", I told him I wanted my $ back and did
not need their services anymore.  I proceeded to FAX the check copy, again
stipulating that I wanted to cancel and wanted my $ back.  Several weeks
later I still had not heard, so I again FAXed a nasty letter threatening
small claims court. (At this point, it was not the $35, I was just pissed)
Another week or so and I received my packet in the mail welcoming me to
Cross Country, with my new card.  At first I thought to fight it more, but I
was burned out and said to hell with it.  I certainly would not recommend
this company to anyone.  Formost Insurance seems to be not only a good deal,
but I also get the Roadside Assitance and best of all, I have a real agent
to talk to, not an 800 #.

Just my experience,
Murray Olson
2001 R11RL