Ride To Savannah X Update

Presidents,

Savannah X - The longest continually-held IBMWR event, is scheduled for
Friday, November 12th through Sunday, November 14th 2004.  Hurricane
season is over, so come on down.

Here are the details about this no-fee motel rally held in Savannah,
Georgia:

LOCATION: The Historic Riverfront Days Inn, 201 West Bay Street,
Savannah, GA 31401, 877-542-7666 -  N32 04.864  W81 05.651.

RATE: The Days Inn is holding a block of rooms with 2 double beds for
$84.00 per night.  BE SURE TO MENTION BMW RIDERS TO GET THIS SPECIAL
RATE.  The motel released any unbooked rooms October 12th, but try
anyway.  There's a big convention being held the same weekend, so book
early!

INFO: The Days Inn - Historic Riverfront has a parking garage and most
riders park on the top level to make sure there's no walk-by interest in
their bikes.  On Friday afternoon a hospitality room is set up with
beer/cold drinks/chips for attendees as they arrive.

Savannah is a beautiful city.  The squares were laid out by Gen.
Oglethorpe in 1733.  Most of the restaurants/bars/shops on River Street
were cotton warehouses dating from the 1700s.  The Days Inn is 2 blocks
from River Street and right in the middle of the historic district.
Everything is within easy walking distance.  No frills, no rally pins, no
rally fee.  Other than the beer you drink and the food you eat there's no
charge from us.  Please make an effort to attend. I'm sure there are a
few people on this list that have been here and can add some comments.

Saturday morning at 10am, we have a ride of about 100 miles.  We've had
rides to lunch, poker runs, etc.  In years past, Jim Connelly has put
together a points type ride much like what the Iron Butt does...  you're
given a series of locations to visit and are given points for doing so;
the person getting back on time with the most points wins.  Everyone
could ride the route, but if you wanted to pay $5 and have a chance to
win 1/2 the pot, that was an option also.

Saturday night we all regroup at the Gordonston Community Center for a
LOW COUNTRY BOIL.  We fill a couple of large 80 quart pots with shrimp
(so fresh, they were swimming that morning), sausage, potatoes, corn and
onions and cook it.  If you like shrimp and have never had it this way,
the meal alone is worth the trip.

Sunday everyone heads home.

Please contact Jerry Duke or Jim Connelly with any questions:

Jerry Duke  -  jerry.duke@xxxxxxxxxxx  -  912-856-0358
Jim Connelly - handsomejim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  -  912-604-3927

Scheduled to attend as of 10/27/2004:

Jim Blalock    Pickens, SC
John Blatz    Cambridge, MD
David Colee    Edgewater, FL
Jim Connelly    Savannah, GA    Our Co-Host
Karen Connelly    Savannah, GA
Debra Duke    Savannah, GA
Jerry Duke    Savannah, GA    Our Co-Host
PirateJohn    Jacksonville, FL
Frank Glamser    Hattiesburg, MS    IBMWR Plateholder
Deborah Lynch    Jacksonville, FL

If you plan to attend, please send your name and home city and state to
me at RWMunday@xxxxxxxx .

Robert Munday...   Montgomery, AL    `98 R11CHP    `95 R1100RSL
ABC #3783    Village Idiot    Rolling Broccoli Rider    BOOF #131
Oilhead #1561
Nebraska Nightriders    Big Sioux Riders    Indy BMW Club    Beemer Hill
Riders
Trustee, BMWMOA Foundation    Keeper Of The List    *Iron Bunny*

... on a mission in Indianapolis, Indiana

Test Riding Harley-Davidson Motorcycles... So You Don't Have To...

Now includes pop-up blocker!