RE: Tires for R1150RT

Agree with  Z6

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Marco S Hyman
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 2:37 PM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Tires for R1150RT

 > I hesitate to enter a religious discussion like this, but I must
disagree
 > with Tom and Jim. My experience with BT020s is poor. I corded a rear
tire in
 > less than 6,000 miles, and the front tire cupped very badly.

So I'm not the only one!

  http://www.snafu.org/smbc/trips/camping-2003/t-20030907-105750.jpg

Less than 300 miles before that picture was taken I had about 1/16 - 1/8
of tread *before* the wear bars and estimated about 1K left on the tire.
No more BT020 for this rider.

 > I am currently riding Z6s. I have 3,000 miles on this set and so far
am
 > happier with them than any other tire I've tried. I haven't ridden
them
 > in the rain yet.

I'm also (so far) quite happy with the Z6.   Prior to the Z6 I used the
Road Pilot.  The road pilots required effort to keep the bike over in
a turn... the bike wanted to stand up.   I've found the Z6 quite
neutral.   The Z6 wet road handling is great.   Much better than the
road pilots.

// marc