Re: R1200RT not as ugly in person

Steve, Clive and all,  Yes. Many interesting pictures around these
days.  I think the RT looks great except for the mirror/directional
pods hanging out there.  Like you said, I reserve judgement until
seeing in the flesh.

What are you thinking about the R1200ST?  Looks ok to me.  I was
planning on waiting for the RS version, which I expect is this ST.  But
the GS started to grow on me, so I bought one.  Just got to 660 miles
yesterday.  It's a great bike, but there are a couple of things I will
need to get used to.  The 6 speed is one gear too many on the street.
I like the sit up position, but not the hand position on the bars.
Much preferred the angle on the RS.  I also get a lot more air over the
legs, which makes cold weather riding a bit different.  But the motor
is really good!  Runs like a top, and I will soon get to explore the
power as it gets more broken in.

Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27