Re: R1200RT not as ugly in person

Bob Hadden wrote:

> What are you thinking about the R1200ST?  Looks ok to me.  I was
> planning on waiting for the RS version, which I expect is this ST.
> But the GS started to grow on me, so I bought one.  Just got to 660
> miles yesterday.  It's a great bike, but there are a couple of things
> I will need to get used to.  The 6 speed is one gear too many on the
> street.  I like the sit up position, but not the hand position on the
> bars.  Much preferred the angle on the RS.  I also get a lot more air
> over the legs, which makes cold weather riding a bit different.  But
> the motor is really good!  Runs like a top, and I will soon get to
> explore the power as it gets more broken in.

Congrats on the new bike!!! I am just shy of 15,000 miles on mine now
and I still love it and think you made a great choice.

You can rotate the bars and controls a bit to adjust their position.
That won't make it like an RS, but it may help. Since it has tubular
handlebars you can always swap the bars for some other kind if worst
comes to worst.  I find the angle a little odd, but I have managed to
get used to it. I did rotate the brake and clutch levers down a tad, and
I had to lower the shift lever too to get good upshifts.

- --
Bob
     Eventual Master of the Obvious
  R1200GS CB750F DoD EMOTO BMWMOA SOHC4
Proud walking jingle in the midnight sun