From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Marco S Hyman
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 16:24
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: valves adjustments

 > In looking at photos of a RT, I don't see why you have to remove any
 > plastic to do the valve adjustment unless it is to access the hole for
 > the timing marks. Is that it?  Is it hard to take off the panel?  Those
 > little battery operated screwdrivers can be used to zip out fairing
 > fasteners if you don't have an air driven 1/4" ratchet...

Need to remove at least the left side to get at the left throttle
body.   There is an access panel to get at the right throttle body.
Also, the left side has to come of if you want to remove the front
cover to turn the engine by turning the belt pully.

I don't know if you can see the timing hole without pulling the right
side cover... haven't tried, yet.

My reluctance to pull the plastic is not because it is hard... it isn't.
It's just a chore that I'd rather not do.   Working on the R69S has
spoiled me in that respect.

// marc