Valve Adjustment

Marc:

>The balance held at RPM; no further adjustments were needed.

Does this mean that you raised the RPM to 1500 or so and checked the balance
again and didn't need to adjust the right side cable?  I think that's what
you mean...  If not, you missed an opportunity for even better balance.
These Twin Spark engines seem to really hold their balance better than the
old bikes...very even.   Makes balancing them a breeze.

That little bit extra smoothness makes a big difference to me on a long
ride.

I do my own work on my 1150RT.   Maybe if Tom Cutter worked on my bike, I'd
take it in, but we don't have Tom Cutter.   I take my bike to the dealer
once a year to have the brakes checked out.   It's the only maintenance I
won't do on that bike.    I also remove my wheels and take them to a
Ducati/Aprilia dealer for tire changes.  They're quick and they don't skin
me....also gives me a little "face time" with my Aprilia dealer.    I rarely
need to see him for maintenance on my Mille R because I ride it so few miles
and because it just doesn't need much.

I help out my BMW dealer in other ways, promoting his business and buying
accessories etc.

- -TB