Re: Ideas?? Quit in rain.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the tip on checking the ignition trigger and the warning
about toasting the Motronic.

I guess the one time I pulled the plugs to check the spark I was lucky.
On my RS, there are lots of thing which look like bare metal, but
aren't. I believe I used the reinforcement flange on the exhaust pipes
(right by the heads) for the ground. It did help me identify a bad plug
wire.

So what would be a good way to check if the plugs are getting a spark?

I was more worried when I pulled the injectors to see if one was
clogged. Do you have any concerns or tips for checking the injectors?

Duke...now that your bike has some time to dry out, is it still the
same?

One time the right hand throttle body pulley on my bike got a pebble in
under the cable. It happened during a rainstorm. I guess a lot of crap
was thrown up there in the wet and one little stone made it in. Anyway
the bike didn't die, but it did run rough. It was a tiny little bit of
gravel...maybe something bigger would be enough to kill it.

Let's see...I do put a bit of dialectic grease in the electrical
connectors for the injectors, in the hopes of keeping those water free.

Karl
'94 R1100RS
some beemer stuff:
http://members.macconnect.com/users/k/karl/karlindex.html