Re: oilheads-digest V2 #9

From: "Robert Jenkins" <robert.jenkins@xxxxxxx>

> I never said ABS does not work or I can stop better than
> ABS can... I said I do not miss not having ABS and like
> you, I would not spend $1500 on a $5000 motorcycle.

In '97 I got a $65K car and I put awesome tires on it that cost me a bundle.
In '05, I am now driving a $20K car, and I also put on awesome and expensive
tires (they cost even more). The difference between '97 and '05 is that my car
has depreciated a lot, and the equivalent tires are pricier. That depreciation
does not reduce the rationale behind making sure that my vehicle performs as
well today as it did almost 8 years ago. Ditto with ABS. Mind you, if my
whizzy ABS brain fries some day, I reserve the right to bitch about how much
it cost me to fix it.

It is abundantly clear that you and I have different thinking processes, and
possibly somewhat different values, but I wouldn't go so far as to say you are
"wrong".

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada

(All prices are listed in Canadian Pesos with exchange rates as per time of
purchase)