ABS is good

I also have a '94 with the long unlock time (first generation ABS) and
although it's the oldest and slowest version, I'll take it over no ABS any
day of the week.  Now that I live in California I'm spoiled by the
weather--when I lived in Washington D.C. and Delaware, ABS was a handy
thing.  I specifically recall ABS saving my bacon on a cold, rainy D.C.
day--I watched one car slide across the beltway and hit another car, and
then it was a full-on pile-up with cars flying every which way.  My bike and
I came out unscathed, and I was able to pull over and assist one of the
wounded.
While some riders may feel that it's not necessary, it's like having a
compass when you're hiking--you may never need or use it until that one
time, and that's when you'll wish you had it.

Even here in the land of milk and honey, I'm happy to ride a bike with ABS.

Ben
'94 R1100RSL
'75 R75+/6