RE: Kickstand down bike shuts off?

Don't some of the oilheads also have the functionality such that they
won't start even in neutral with the sidestand down?  I thought I
remembered a discussion about the relays (?) and other BMW parts from an
RT-P that would allow other oilheads to be started in neutral with the
sidestand down, but would still kill the engine if the bike is put in
gear with the sidestand down.  Am I remembering this one correctly?

This link may contain the info of which I speak:

http://ibmwr.org/r-tech/oilheads/run_on_sidestand/sidestand_start.shtml

FWIW,
Joshua