Starting Technique

John:

>My particular method is throttle wide open CRANKCRANKCRANKCRANKCRANKCRANK
snap
>throttle shut.

>What's yours?

My cold starting technique is to hold the "choke" lever out and start the
bike, then back the "choke" down to the notch which is usually about 1500
RPMs.   Then ride until one or two bars shows on the RID or when idle stays
above 2000 consistently, then shut off the "choke".

RTFM, smartypants!  My bike starts always within two seconds and so did my
'99.  I think this is (another) case of your growing up on airheads and
assuming things about oilheads that aren't true.

- -TB