From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ben Barkow
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 7:41 AM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: What limits the rebound? Brake lines.

I'm thinking of moving my cafe-racer R1100S (non-ABS) low bars to the
old-fogey, high, touring position. That means I need some help with
brake lines.

What limits the rebound - something on the stanchions or something in
the spring/damper?

If the limiter is in the stanchions, then should going to the "715mm"
stock brake line assembly work... even if I raise the stanchions and
clip-ons up above the upper triple clamp any distance? If so, what's the
furthest you can raise before disaster?

Anybody have trick brake line? What supplier? Best concept I've heard so
far is simply to run two lines from the MC direct to the calipers.
Thoughts on that?

BTW, with enough exercise, pain-tolerance, wind-on-your-chest when over
200 mph, video cameras for rear-looking, and prayer can a healthy old
guy get used to the low bars for touring?

Thanks.

Ben
chillin' out in Toronto