Re: Synchin TB and now popping?

In a message dated 3/13/05 6:34:42 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<<I also just removed the  gas cannister and left the lines
from one carb to the other hooked up which  shouldn't make any difference
in normal operation (I don't think).   I'll see how it runs later after
it cools off a  bit.>>

Wrong. There is a tee in the vacuum lines  under the airbox, and if you don't
seal it off, the TB's are sucking unmetered  air. The easy fix is to just cap
the nipples on the TB's, or connect the TB's  with a piece of uninterrupted
hose. The port into the TB is so small that either  one has essentially the
same effect, but you can't leave it sucking  air.

Your popping problem was caused by the right  throttle cable getting hung up
atop the adjuster. This is a very common problem  with owner-serviced
Oilheads, and I fix at least 25 bikes a year that are towed  in just from the owner
not being careful enough while refitting the  bodywork.

Tom Cutter
Yardley, PA
Rubber Chicken Racing Garage  T-shirts coming, inquire here...