Popping etc.

Brian:

Tom Cutter and others are absolutely right.   The right side cable is easy
to pop out of the metal cup it sits in when there's no tension on it.   I've
done it myself when moving the gas tank around.    My guess is that if you
had just replaced that cable end into the fitting, the bike would be
perfectly balanced again.   Since you've gone and readjusted everything,
you'll have to go back, put the cup back in, and rebalance.

As far as the vacuum hoses are concerned, I use the same method as
you....both hoses left on...no plastic plugs.    All the plugs I've seen
seem prone to falling off.  The hose grips like crazy.   Tom is right again.
You have to be sure that you don't have any open lines to the atmosphere.
You can plug the open part of the tee or replace it with a two sided
coupling.   Hardware stores have these.    Can't remember how I handled it,
but you can't leave open air.  Bike will run too lean and you'll be sucking
dirty air into it which will begin to damage the engine over time.   Fix
right away.

Best,

- -TB

In a message dated 3/13/05 6:34:42 PM Eastern  Standard Time,