Re: Ohlins, Wilbers and Works, Oh my!

Bob,  on my 98RS, the front shock was so bad at 8k miles that I was
banging the cylinder head on the pavement in corners.  You can bet I
replaced it quick.  The rear shock had the screw slot for damping
adjustment.  It snapped the first time I tried to adjust it.  The
dealer was interested in selling new shocks, but wouldn't call the BMW
rep to try to get me warranty at 3k miles on the broken shock.
Needless to say, I got my Ohlins elsewhere.

You should ride a friends RS with good shocks for a comparison.  If the
difference isn't important to you, then don't buy replacement shocks.
But don't doubt others opinions regarding improved performance.

Bob Hadden  '05R12GS, '62R27