Re: Ohlins, Wilbers and Works, Oh my!

Bob,  Yes, they are standard design oil shocks as far as I know.  In my
case, the front shock just plain didn't damp any more after that 8k
miles.  There was no fluid leakage at all.  On the rear, the damping
was still ok, but I couldn't adjust it with the snapped adjuster, so I
replaced it along with the front.

Very interesting thought about better shocks on the first Beta bikes.
That might explain your good experience.

BMW cars use Boge shocks, which are pretty good quality compared to
what you get on a us car.  People are saying that the new bikes have
better quality shocks.  I'll let you know in 10k miles.  OR sooner if
the answer turns out to be 'not'.

Bob Hadden