  From: Clive Liddell
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 11:09 AM
  Subject: RE: Suspension Dampers

  Bob,
  Well 160k.km may be pushing it but I think mine may get there too :)   My
  M-B car is at 198k.km with OEM dampers still in place - no leaks but when
  loaded I can feel a bit of floating at the rear...

  re Tyre Wear: Never been on a "track" but where I stay and the roads I ride
  on are either going up hills or down mountains and thus I have to really
  rack my (remaining) brains to think of a stretch of back road that is
  straight for more than 500 meters.   This area is a popular Sunday
  "playground" for local riders as well as bike clubs and groups from Durban
  (about 3/4 hour down the road from here).   Truth be told we are rather
  spoilt for choice here when I read of some US riders having to ride HOURS to
  get to the twisties!

  Even the 2/3 lane roads (which I shun unless forced to use them) actually
  have some "challenging" bends.   Last Sunday I needed to hurry back after a
  run and used the "freeway" at pace and was surprised to see the lines of
  worn (or torn) rubber up to the edge - musta been going faster than I
  thought :|

  Regards
  Clive Liddell
  Pietermaritzburg, South Africa