Re: battery... TPS calibration

>> Bike R1150 GS
>> How do I get to the battery 1) to check level 2) change battery?
>> I have done all the maintenance on my airheads but not on the GS and do
>> not have a manual at this time.  I do know how to get the seat off!
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Skipper
>> Albuquerque NM
>> 2001 R1150 GS
>> 1983 R80RT
>> 1981 R80G/S
>
> Whaddya mean your new?  Oh, you mean on the Oilheads list. : ))
> After you remove the seat, the battery is serviced by removing the
> right side cover, air cleaner cover and the air intake tube. Unscrew
> the fuel tank fasteners, raise the rear of the tank and block it up with a
> suitable piece of 2X4, disconnect the ground terminal first and then the
> positive terminal, slide the battery out. The next replacement battery
> should be a Panasonic LC X1220P AGM battery from Digikey. : )
>
> Mick
> Tucson

Right entirely. But for many machines after re-hitching the battery, you
need to re-set the TPS range by turning on the key switch (but not starting
the engine) and then giving the throttle two full-range cranks.

Given Bosch's secretive nature, not clear what dire consequences ensue if
you fail to perform this calibration (surging above 10,000 feet???).

Cheers.

Ben
- --
Ben Barkow, Toronto... 39 seasons on Beemers, 44 as a biker,
1961 R69s/rod, 1967-1999... really sup'ed up and fast
1984 R80RT/rod, 1998- 5 extra peak ponies in a wider flatter power band,
  much modified 2-into-1 exhaust, CR 9.5, Keihin PJ 34mm oval carbs,
  Uni filter, dual-rate springs with cartridge emulators,
  BT45/S11, Saeng fairing
1999 R1100S, 2004- Leo Vince exh, JetHot coatings, Techlusion 1031,
  K&N air filter, Ben's windscreen