  From: Gary Bechtold
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 8:57 AM
  Subject: Final Drive & Paralever Bearings

  Loctite 2701 is used to secure the Final Drive and Paralever bearings, and
  anyone that has removed these bearings knows how well the Loctite 2701
  works in this application.  My question to the list is:  Does anyone know
  how to clean/remove the OLD Loctite from both the bearing threads and the
  treaded holes in the swingarm and transmission case before reassembly?  I
  haven't been able to find any recommendations on the Loctite website,
  catalogs, etc.  Thanks in advance.

  Gary Bechtold
  '94 R1100RS