Re: Speedometer Accuracy

Bob Hadden writes:
 > Marc,  Do you know how often the samples are taken?

I suspect it varies from unit to unit.   My old GPS III in power savings
mode would idle the receiver much of the time.   If my memory is correct
it would read/calculate positions only 10 times/second.   The newer units
have faster processors... that probably makes a difference, too.

My GUESS:   If you are on a straight, flat road with no obstructions and
5 or more satellites are visable to the unit then it may be accurate to
within 1 MPH.   Again, that is just a guess.

// marc