Air conditioning for motorcycles [no BMW content]

Hello,

I don't know if this has been introduced to the list before. In September
2004, news hit the wires that an Israeli inventor has created an
air-conditioning suit for motorcycle use (see article at
http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=2210466&fSectionId=759&fSetId=381).

There are conflicting reports on exactly how the unit works. One article
describes a saddle-bag resident compressor, a hose, and a vented vest
through which chilled air is blown onto the rider, while another mentions
"electrical currents" that are used to cool the rider. For more leads on
this, search Google for the exact text "air-conditioning for motorcycles".
One article states the target production price is US$500.

If anyone starts hearing about the units being in production, please let me
(and this list) know. Thanks in advance.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada