Tank fit, turn signals

John:

Sounds to me like the tank has changed over time.   Humor me and pop the cap
open before you install next time to make sure pressure inside the tank isn't
contributing to the problem.   Sounds to me like it's warping in some way.

For the turn signals, dilectric grease is the best.  It stops corrosion and
doesn't come off in the rain.   It won't short out the switch either.   If the
contacts are just worn down too much, you'll have to either build them up with
some shims or solder or buy new switches.

If you want to go the Kissan Signal Minder route, I'll sell you my old one for
$30.  Let me know

- -TB