Re: Keeping cool in the Dog Days of summer

Paige,
Thanks for the idea, I'll use it next time.
In Canada we are not asked to sign a ticket when the officer hands it over, he can walk away ASPS., but it worth trying, certainly in the States.

Even if you just, just rolling with the bike, and it's not on private property, not wearing helmet is an offence. In Shopping Center's parking lot, the police has right to treat the case as he would on the road.

Not god, but it's still better than Europe.
Bob Silas

  I hope you took your time reading the ticket, I read very slowly, let him bake in the heat while you read it, maybe he can beging to appreciate why you didn't have your helmet on.  it works well in the rain too!  after all you are already out in it and they can't go till you sign it, and surely they don't expect you to sign something you haven't read and fully understood.  you can even ask him some questions just to make sure that he knows you are studying the fine print.   It might not help you out but I bet he won't be quite so eager to get out of the car for the next hour or so...

  It would also be interesting to note if you wrote down a speed at which you were operating the motorcycle.  perhaps you were actually "pushing " the motorcycle and that doesn't require a helmet.   you can atleast screw with them some and get some satisfaction.
  paige