Re: Keeping cool in the Dog Days of summer

At 02:33 PM 7/14/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Mick,
>So, what do you do about riding with full-face in heat.  I saw in the
>papers today the temp. at your place is 45 deg. Celsius(?) = 113 F.
>that's something!!!
>Bob Silas

Hi Bob,

Luckily we are about 2700 ft up and our temps stay 5-7 degrees cooler.
For short rides, Joe Rocket mesh jacket and pants. I have a System IV and
Concept helmets.  I ride with the chinbar up a lot of the time but once it
gets to about 105, faceshield down is the way to go.  With the hot air
hitting you at 80+, it's like being inside a hot air popcorn popper.
Less hot air is better at those temps.
On long rides, I wear my one-piece Stich.  Staying covered up is good in our
intense sun.  I just ordered an Evaporative vest to try out on the 3-Flags
this year.  It starts in Tijuana and goes to Calgary.  The first half of
that ride is going to be brutally hot I suspect.

Mick
Tucson (Phoenix is about 10 degrees hotter normally I think today will be
106 here)