Re: Dual plugging. Was "Surge Free" spark plugs

Ooops, sent it before I was done.

If I may critique Steve's sense of geometry, the real full benefit
occurs with THREE plugs, not two.

Ordinarily, adding plugs means you need to change the timing to benefit
from the modified flame front. But this can nooot be done with Bosch!
(Well, you can move the sensor plate a bit, I understand.)

It is wrong to say that multi-electrode plugs have multi-source sparks.
There is one and only one spark and having more electrodes does not
result in more or better sparks. The electrodes shroud the spark
(that's bad). The only advantage is that you have more metal and so the
spark gap lasts through three owners instead of two. Actually, there
are trick systems for having a kind of multiple ejaculation spark and
other shaped-spark hi-tech spark ignitions. These are said to be
helpful but I don't know much about them.

Attention 1100S riders. my spare intake track arrived and I will
shortly be patching with fiberglass to overcome the hideous
constrictions in the stock design. I understand the RT ducts likewise
have restrictions cured by GS substitutions. If anybody has an old
1100S paper airfilter, please let me know.

Cheers.

Ben

Ben Barkow, Toronto... 39 seasons on Beemers, 44 as a biker

1961 R69s/rod, 1967-1999... really sup'ed up and fast

1984 R80RT/rod, 1998-2005  5 extra peak ponies in a wider flatter power
band,
   much modified 2-into-1 exhaust, CR 9.5, Keihin PJ 34mm oval carbs,
   Uni filter, dual-rate springs with cartridge emulators, BT45/S11,
Saeng fairing

1999 R1100S, 2004- Leo Vince exh, JetHot coatings, Techlusion 1031,
   K&N filter, TB balance tube, 26 inch windscreen