RTP

Just bought a "Chips" bike from a dealer.  Upon arriving home
with the bike, I discovered the brake light is always on!!
The dealer will fix it for me but it means a 100 mile ride without
a brake light.  Yes I know how to give hand signals but most
cage drivers don't understand them.  I just wondered if this is
an idiosyncrosy associated with the R1100RT and involves a "quick fix"
of some sort.
By the way, I am a newbie on this list as I have retired from the Airhead
group since I sold my two airheads.  I was hoping I could do more riding
and less wrenching.
Also, could anyone tell me about a good readable manual for my
oilhead?  Is Clymer still the best or at least most popular?

Fritz in Owosso, Michigan