Re: GS Side Case

Tom and all.  This loose mushroom bolt thing is a design problem.
Don't blame your dealer.  What you may not have noticed is that the
silver aluminum material you are bolting into is plastic, not metal.
So even if you tighten the lock nut, it can work loose with time.  You
need to keep checking.  After you are confident in your adjustment, you
might want to lock tite.  But some lock tites are not compatible with
plastic.  I think you would be ok with the blue 242, which will do the
job here.

Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27