From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of plpklt@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 6:28 AM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Of belt drives and rear end failures

 I don't know that much about belt drives except they seem to be better
than I ever thought they would be.  However a friend of mine bought a
new harley and the blet squeaked. The dealer kept trying everything
except replacing the belt.  When asked why not try that as a fix he
pointed out the belt has no master link and the backend of the bike has
to be completely disassembled to get it on and off.  So I am sure the
labor to change one of these belts is also not a small thing.

I suspect the work to change a belt must be similair to changing out our
clutches..but atleast you expect a clutch job to be a big deal..

paige