RE: Belt Drives

Bob,
I think they have these efficiencies transposed.  Little as I like chain
drives they are the most efficient form of power transmission and I believe
the chain drive is in fact 98.5%.   Of course we are talking brand new chain
and sprockets, well lubricated, to achieve this...

With the belt drive you have to have some tension to "hold it on" and this,
together with a slight hysteresis loss IMO would reduce the belt a bit but
agreed, it should stay constant for longer.

Regards
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
'96 R850R ~79k.km