Re: R1200GS

At 8:13 PM -0400 9/26/05, Bob Hadden wrote:
>My comfort issue is with the hands and angle of the grips. The seat
>is as with any Beemer. Go aftermarket. I got a Rocky Mayer seat, and
>it's a big improvement over stock.
>
>Maybe I just need more time on the bike to have it grow on me more.
>
>Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27

It's unfortunate that Ricardo Kuhn has stopped making his risers that
adapt Pro-Taper bars to Oilheads. I have these bars on my GS, and
they were a fantastic upgrade from stock.

http://diesel.smugmug.com/photos/661993-M-1.jpg

I hear that the R12GS bars are better than before, but still leave
your wrists at awkward angles. Other vendors may pick up this market,
we'll see.

- - Andrew