From: Bob Hadden <kbhadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:13:25 -0400
Subject: Re: R1200GS

Paige, I pretty much agree with you on most points. My comfort issue is with the hands and angle of the grips. The seat is as with any Beemer. Go aftermarket. I got a Rocky Mayer seat, and it's a big improvement over stock.

As to the suspension. The shocks are good when new, but at 7k miles they are starting to fade. I expect new shocks will be required just like on previous models.

The 1200's handle great. Like a Ducati. Or perhaps like a more powerful F650CS. Holds the line much better than the RS.

Maybe I just need more time on the bike to have it grow on me more.

Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27