From: Bob Hadden <kbhadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:25:20 -0400
Subject: Re: R1200GS

Paige, You want the can bus helper from touratech:

> http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/bmw_r12gs.lasso?> SubCat=Special_parts&-session=touratech:> 42B57C40C478074EC9FCC10B06DB6DB4

I used this and it's great. A second relay won't help anything. The draw from a relay is below the threshold that the can bus can see. Tap into the wire lead to the parking light is the recommended point. I used the power lead to the aux accessory outlet that is optional for the top of the dash. That also worked. I don't have the aux outlet, but the power plug is in there with the standard harness.

You can see three pics of my lights on my friends web site (he made the mounts in his shop) here. This pic in the link and then the next two shots:

> http://public.fotki.com/Rbertalotto/motorcycles/dsc_4.html

Sorry, but no pics of the touratech power supply rig.

Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27