Re: oilheads-digest V2 #230

> Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 16:23:00 -0400
> From: "Dave Blumgart" <DBLUMGART@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Bike cover for a R1100S? Helmet lock?
>
> I imagine most of you house your lovelies in your garage.  But I often
> don't have that option.  Do any of you have experience or
> recommendations regarding outdoor fabric motorcycle covers for a
> R1100S?
> Thanks.
>
> Also:  Am I suffering from Male Pattern Blindness ("Honey, where's the
> mustard?"  "It's in the frig."  No, I looked, it's not there" [Rinse,
> repeat] "Here, I told you it was in the refrigerator!"  etc. ) or is
> there no helmet lock on the 1100S?

I've used the Bike Barn www.thebikebarn.net for a couple of years and
then switched to the Cycleshell http://www.cycleshell.com/. The Bike
Barn is a quasi permanent structure without a floor and I have a tiny
house with a parking pad in front. Of necessity the Bike Barn was
broadside to the prevailing winds and and as a result there was some
snow drifting inside. I needed to take it down each spring just to
create some room in front and that was a pita. I gave it to my riding
buddy who has used it for his ST1100 for the past two years. It's quite
roomy and sturdy. The Cycleshell is much easier for me to use, it
collapses for storage and has a floor. Tighter fit than the BB (had to
take my Jessebags off. I found both to be useful products for the
garageless. You can contact me off list if you want more details.

Nahum Sloan
Toronto, R1100R