Re: Tip for making your fuel level sensor last longer

Andrew-I like your tip; but can you direct me to a description of how
to access and remove the sensor?  My dealer has said that my sensor
is kaput.  It has the opposite "failure" in that it almost always
reads full.  I almost never have stored it with low fuel, more likely
slam full.  I'll get well down in the tank and it still shows all the
bars.  I almost ran myself out of fuel because I was paying attention
to the bars and not the trip meter.

- --
____________________________________
Don MacQueen, Shelby NC
- --How ya like THEM gas prices?
'95 R1100RS
'75 R90/6
'00.5 RSV Mille
'88 K75s (challenged)
'05 B5.5 Passat PD-TDI
'01 Great Googoolee Moogoolee
'02 BikeE E2
WolfPack #004 emeritus
BMWRA, BMWMOA, TDIclub.com, Apriliaforum