RE: Broken bag mount.

I had the same thing happen to my 97' R1100RS.  We determined it was due to
the final drive hitting the bottom of the case over a hard bump.  I'm not
sure if the R has the same problem.  Check the top of your final drive and
the bootom of your case for a mark if they hit.  I was able to get the inner
section of the case from BMW.  Sorry I can't remember the price.
Tony
97 R1100RS