Re: poly-v-belt

Hello,

From: "Andrew Johnson" <sundiaL@xxxxxxx>

> At 5:13 PM -0500 10/19/05, Mark Rivera wrote:
>>Was looking at the service/maintenance booklet that came with the moto..
>>One of the line-items on the 'bmw service' checklist is "poly-v-belt"..
>>what is it?
>
> Alternator belt, under the front cover.

BMW recommends that you replace the belt at 60,000 km, according to my
R1100S manual (it may be different for your bike). I have heard from Big
List members they fail before that.  As a result, I have created an entry in
my Service Log to remind me to change the Poly-V belt at 40,000 km, 2/3 of
the expected life-cycle, just as a precaution. My service log automatically
reminds me to do the required work when I cross a date or mileage boundary.

If you want to get a (always) free copy of my Service Log, which also
include a Mileage Log, a Trip Log (etc.), go to:
http://web.newsguy.com/steve-makohin/Bike/FuelLogbook/FuelLogbook.html

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada