Re: poly-v-belt

In a message dated 10/20/05 10:09:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,  jdan@xxxxxxxx
writes:

Which brings me to the subject of interchangeability of the  belts/pulleys:
the
third belt is the 2nd* type, the only one available at  that time, but Joe
Katz
told me such a horror story about replacing his  pulley that I decided to take
a gamble and put the new belt on the original  pulley. So far, a few years and
many thousands of miles later, no apparent  problems.

What do you make of that?

*Is the "Elast" belt  actually version 3, and my current v2?>>

There are now two belts available. The First generation belt in no  longer
available. So yes, the Elast belt is v3.0 I never heard Joe's horror  story, but
I have changed several of the early pulleys when they were still a  warranty
matter, and had no particular trouble.

Tom  Cutter
Yardley,  PA
http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com