Re: Lets get back to oilheads...throttle body question

Hi all,

I thought I'd update the list on the results of this problem and all the
great support I received from you.  Eventually, I purchased a new
TwinMax (returned my borrowed unit) to eliminate that source of error.
Results were the same.  After checking and re-checking all sources of
air leaks, I ended up noticing that the right butterfly shaft bushing
had some play.  I purchased a used right throttle body from Fred at
cyclesrecycled.com ($80).  It was from a later RS, so I had to swap out
the rear plate, pulley, etc.   Finally, I balanced the right throttle
stop to the left (was about a half turn off after the parts swapping).
BBAS are now within 1/8 turn of each other with idle spot on. All is
good, so good in fact that I could not believe the amount of performance
I had lost (and that I hadn't noticed it!). Throttle response is
excellent with little or no surging, and this bike is smoooth once again
(well, it is a twin after all!)  Many thanks to all who posted
suggestions.  My advice to any high mileage oilhead owner is to check
out your right throttle body for bushing wear...what a difference!

John in VT
93 RS