R1150R Electrical outlet question

I have a yellow/anthracite/black engine/black housing 2002 BMW R1150RA. The
list price for this bike was $100 extra for the color.

I purchased the head protectors only to learn that the engine mounting
points are not drilled on my bake.  Haven't drilled them for fear of making
a mistake.  New set to head protectors on my shelf.

It is getting cool.  I thought I would put an electrical outlet in so I
could wear my electric vest.  Parts man said all I had to do was remove the
cover, remove the plug, and reinstall the cover so the outlet's contacts
plugged into their receptacle.  Pulled the cover and found there is no
receptacle there.  No unused connectors available anywhere.

Two questions.

Did I get a Monday morning bike, or do all R1150Rs this color missing these,
and maybe other, items?

Does anyone have recommendations for where/how to route wiring from the fuze
block without disassembling the bike?

Pete
Frustrated 02 R1150R owner