  From: Marco S Hyman
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 8:35 PM
  Subject: Re: ABS

  Robert Silas writes:
   > What is "servo noise" ????  Is that a power brake???  "non-servo controlled"
   > brakes"????  it certainly sounds like power brakes.

  Bob, the power brakes on my wife's car doesn't make any noise, so I
  don't know what power brakes are supposed to sound like.

  Yes, servo noise is the hum that comes from the electro/mechanical servo
  pump used to build up hydraulic pressure with the integral ABS system.
  It was noisier on my 2002 model R1150RT (built around 04/01) than it is
  on my 05/05 build GS.

  My GS is still noiser than the drum brakes on my R69S :-)  The GS brakes
  also work a hell of a lot better, too!

  // marc