  From: Steve Makohin
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx ; Tandy Bozeman
  Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 12:06 PM
  Subject: How to make your EVO (powered) brakes less grabby (was "Re: ABS:)

  Hello Tandy and list,

  From: "Tandy Bozeman" <tkb@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  [Steve Makohin wrote:]

  >> . . . I have learned a technique that minimizes and even
  >> eliminates that effect (details in a previous email).
  >>
  > Details again, please.

  from "Re: ABS", Nov 12/05 12:32 PM (GMT -5)...

   o I have learned to adapt to the servo brakes by "choking up" on
     the hand brake lever. That is, I use only two fingers to apply the
     brake lever, and I position them as closely to the lever's "hinge"
     as possible. This reduced the amount of leverage I can use, and
     therefore, applies less brake force per finger force applied. This
     technique has allowed me to brake pretty smoothly.

  -Steve Makohin
   '01 R1100S/ABS
   Oakville, Ontario, Canada