Re: New info on R1200S

On 12/2/05, John Dancoe <jdan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But I still don't know what an "electronic immobiliser" is...

Too simple.  I have one of those on my car.  It is a device which,
soon after the last known schematic depicting its operation is
destroyed, and after 8 years of quiescence, developes an intermittant
fault which causes your vehicle to display a bright red light and fail
to start for a specified period of time (of at least ten minutes) at
random times and places throughout the year.  The system also includes
a device which senses the importance of your need to start the vehicle
immediately and makes the appropriate adjustment in the frequency of
non-starts.

- --
cheers... jack