From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Steve Makohin
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 7:55 AM
To: IBMWR List; Oilheads List
Subject: Requesting list wisdom re gel battery and Battery Tender Plus

Hello all,

What is the list wisdom regarding a gel battery and a Battery Tender
Plus? I
am aware that the makers of the Battery Tender tell you you need a
special
Tender, as does BMW. My mechanic says the gel batteries have not been in
the
field long enough to conclude if there is any harm done by using a
standard
Battery Tender, and that he knows of no cases where he can attribute a
gel
battery's demise to using a standard Tender vs a special gel Tender.

What's your take? I live in a part of the country where we see several
weeks
of 90'F temps, as well as sitting dormant over the winter at below
freezing
temps.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS