Re: OUCH!

- -----Original Message-----
From: ABSDoug <absdoug@xxxxxxxxx>
To: absdoug@xxxxxxxxxxx <absdoug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:48:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OUCH!

  Old BMW Airhead... brakes worked like shit, dry-rotted tire. I volunteered to
bed in the brakes as we did a Frankenstein deal, taking old, known to be good
parts, to put the bike right. At some point I locked up the front wheel and
fell. Full gear head to toe. Collarbone broke (I think the helmet did it). I'll
make a 100% recovery, but this sucks. I've been native... I thought a fall at
25-30 mph was no big deal (with gear). Fuckin' OUCH! My hip is black. The broken
bones bump into each other <chills>.
    Also really starting to think ABS is even MORE important then I thought.
This would never happen on my ABS equipped bike!

Actually you fall down in vertical axis anyway at the same rate weather you are moving or not.
It is gravity not the speed that brings you down.  The speed just adds to your skid mark
you could have broken all the same stuff just falling down at 0 mph.
Age doesn't make it any easier either...  you just don't bounce back like you did when
you were younger.   A fall off my Bicycle at 10 mph taught me all those same lessons.

Glad you are sure you will get better..

paige