Re: ThrottleMeister on R1150GS

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph. D." <microdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I recently visited my dealer and bought a new ThrottleMeister (TM) for my
> 2001 R1150GS. I installed it following the manufacturer's instructions,
but
> the unit would not disengage as it should. So I emailed the company, and
at
> their suggestion, I added more and more washers between the TM and the
> handlebar until I had a 1/4" stack, Finally, the TM would release as it
> should. This cured the problem and the operation was smooth and normal.
That
> lasted about two weeks. The TM has reverted to the aforementioned
condition:
> It does not disengage as it should.
>
> Has anyone experienced this? If so, what were you able to do to
permanently
> fix the problem?

The range of operation of the Throttlemeister is fairly minimal, the part
that rubs against the end of your grip does not travel very far between its
engaged position and its docked position. If you can't get the T-meister to
work correctly with washers, you may have to move the throttle assembly on
the handlebar.

The goal is to have minimal but sufficient clearance between the T-meister
and the grip when the T-meister is "turned off". You must also allow for
expansion of the grip when the heated grips are turned on if you have them.
If you allow too much clearance, the T-meister will not drag the grip with
enough force when it is "turned on". If you have too little clearance the
T-meister will always drag the grip and will not "turn off".

You need to adjust this clearance by loosening the throttle assembly
pinchbolt and position the throttle assembly relative to the T-meister until
it works properly.

Ted Porter
Scotts Valley, Ca.
www.BeemerShop.com